WOOD FLOOR MAINTENANCE
Are your wooden floors still in tip top condition or are they in need of some special attention? Do you need a reliable company who knows how best to maintain them?
At London Floor Sanding W4, we know that a wooden floor is one of the best investments you can make in your property, not only enhancing its monetary value but making it an attractive home for future generations, too. Wooden floors are natural yet highly durable, so contact us if you'd like some tips on how best to maintain them.
PRESERVING THE NATURAL BEAUTY OF YOUR WOODEN FLOORS
Let us state the obvious: a finished wooden floor may well dominate a room - in a good way, of course - due to its sheer size. It needs to keep looking perfect. You could damage it if you don't maintain it properly and at W6 London Floor Sanding we don't want that to happen.
WHY NOT ASK US?
Consider asking us to re-finish and maintain your floor. We have several years' experience of looking after wooden floors of every type and colour, old and new and we know just how to preserve their gleaming, luminous beauty.
Don't forget that we offer free floor cleaning kits with all our services and that our team will be happy to offer you some great advice. In the meantime, here are some top tips to keep your floors looking beautiful:
· Keep it simple. Just sweep and dust your wooden floors regularly.
· Clean up spills immediately with paper towels or a dry cloth.
· Understand the rules about waxes and restorers. If your floor has a wax finish, you can add more wax just a couple of times a year and it will be back to it best.
· If it has a shellac, polyurethane or varnish finish, use either a general-purpose floor restorer or one specifically designed for a polyurethane finish. The surface may require a light sanding down and then to be re-coated so you may want to ask us to do that for you.
· Remember that gravel and dirt will damage a wooden floor, even the fine dirt in house plant pots could scratch its surface. Keep an eye out for this and gently brush it away if you spot it.
· Use use abrasive cleaners of any kind, that is any regular household dusting and cleaning products. They will ruin your beautiful wooden floor in a matter of seconds.
· Use vacuum cleaner brushes as they could mark your floor.
· "Mop" your floor with water - this causes permanent damage - unless your mop has been mostly wrung out and is almost dry. Use a damp cloth to wipe up spills and never pour water directly on the floor.
If you're not sure about maintaining your wooden floors yourself, don't worry. Why not contact us to find out how we can help you?